Mgr. Kateřina Pražáková, Ph.D.
Name: Date of birth: 10. 9. 1979
Place of birth: České Budějovice
Marital status: married
Telephone: + 420 724 372 520
- since 15. 7. 2016 Manager of the Czech team of the project Historie jake prostor k setkávání - mimoškolní místa výuky v česko-bavorském příhraničí (The history as a meeting space - places for teaching outwards the classrooms in the Czech-Bavarian borderland)
- since 1. 1. 2013 Research worker and lecturer at the Institute of History at the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice; The fundamental topics of her research are news service and the shaping of images of other cultures in Early Modern Europe.
- 6. 7. 2012 – 31. 12. 2013 Coordinator of EU-project Cultural Landscapes and Identities Along the Border Between the Czech Republic and Austria - 60 Years European Union, guaranteeing research and popularizing outputs of the project part managed by the Faculty of Philosophy, Faculty of Theology and Faculty of Agriculture of the University of South Bohemia; ensured communication with project partners from Austria.
- 2005 -17. 6. 2013 Doctoral studies at the Institute of History at the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of South Bohemia; Doctoral thesis called Obraz Polsko-litevského státu a Moskevského velkoknížectví v raně novověkém zpravodajství české šlechty (1450-1618) (The image of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Grand Duchy of Moscow in Early modern news service of Czech nobility (1450-1618) ) defended at 17. 6. 2013.
Doctoral studies were prolonged due to three maternity leaves.
- 1999 - 2005 Faculty of Arts at the Masaryk-University of Brno, Master degree in three fields of study: History – Germanics – History of Art; specialisation in history and art of Eastern Europe
- 1994 - 1999 Grammar school Biskupské gymnázium in České Budějovice, special class of human studies with extended foreign languages training
German (fluent), English (fluent), Russian (fluent), Polish (good), French (moderate)